Internet Addiction refers to uncontrolled obsession of using the Internet. This addiction is generally seen in teenagers and it causes very prominent behavioral disorders.
Though, we all use internet for various needs, but when the usage overtakes all the responsibilities of the person, then it is considered to be an obsession. Addiction occurs when the addicted person has a strong uncontrollable desire to use the Internet.
Internet Addicted Teenagers
Internet has literally become a vital part of every teenager’s life! They are addicted to social media, online games, chat rooms and various other social platforms that distract their mind.
Teenagers should use the internet to gain additional information about subjects they need to explore, but on the contrary, they use it for recreational purposes.
The worst part about teenagers using the internet is that there use isn’t limited. Teens are almost active on social media websites every day and this is all due to smart phones that help them get notified about everything that’s happening online. So, basically teens are online every minute and are super active in responding to activities happening online.
These days almost 90% of the teenagers are addicted to the Internet, but things get out of control when children show certain behavioral disorders or in other words start acting weird. Constant Internet usage at this age can affect their academic performance.
Are you aware of your child’s internet usage? Is your child showing weird signs lately? Well, if not, then here are some symptoms that you need to look in your child:
Common Symptoms shown by Internet Addicted Teenagers
- Addicted teenagers devote their quality time in internet activities like chatting on instant messaging app, sending/receiving emails, surfing on various websites and participating in chat rooms. They are basically either sitting near their computer or have mobile in their hands. And when confronted by parents, these teenagers give elaborated excuses.
- These teenagers always look deprived of sleep due to excessive usage of mobile devices and computers.
- They spend less time with friends and family and start abandoning their near and dear ones.
- These teens start getting bad grades, resulting in exceptional decline in the grades.
- These kids easily get irritated and even start losing their temper on each and every occasion.
- Kids start procrastinating and avoid important work.
- These teens suffer from extreme mood swings.
- Internet Addicted Teenagers start feeling anxious or stressed.
- These teens love isolating themselves.
Health problems faced by internet Addicted Teenagers:
- Back pain
- Severe Headaches
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Nutrition Disorders
- Poor Hygiene
- Extreme Neck Pain
- Bloodshot eyes and other vision problems
- Either weight gain or weight loss
If these symptoms seem similar to your child, then you need to limit their internet usage and in order to do so you need to keep a track of your children online activities.
You can do this by using a Mobile Spy Software that lets you track their emails, IM chats, call logs, messages, browser history, and even their multimedia information like photos and videos saved on their cell phones and last but not the least, track their exact location.
Best Mobile Spy Software
There are many Mobile Spy Software available in the market that may seem reliable, but if you are looking for a solution to make your child get rid of his/her Internet Addiction then you must look for any of these products namely, Spymaster Pro, FlexiSPY, mSpy, MobiStealth, Mobile Spy, and Highster Mobile that are some of the best Mobile Spy Softwares available in the market right now.
So, don’t let your teenager be an Internet Addict, save your child from such influence. Take action and buy a reliable Mobile Spy Software.Though we have already mentioned above some of the best Spying Applications, but we would like to recommend Spymaster Pro because of its affordable price. Not only does it offer great features at low cost but doesn’t ask for any installation or jail break in case of iPhone tracking.